In Sunday's paper there were 3 laptops advertised for under $600.00. CompUSA had a Toshiba for $599.00 ($150 mail in rebate). Office Depot had the same model and another Toshiba for $499 ($150 mail-in rebate) and a HP for $549.00 ($200 mail in rebate). Walmart has a $518 Everex that I took a deep breath and bought. The Everex is supposed to be a far lighter on energy consumption. I am thinking of Evon Chouinard's comment that if Wal-Mart does just 1/10th of what it says it will do it will make some incredibly significant leaps in the environmental situation. So, I will take a step in supporting that committment. HP is also now accepting all makes of computers for their recycling program. Toshiba is a good brand also and for both of them to be putting out good equipment at a reasonable price is commendeble.
Can we say thank you to these stores and manufacturers for making this possible?
Can we say thank you to these stores and manufacturers for making this possible?
No comments:
Post a Comment